Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can't start SQL Server Agent

Hello,
When I try to start SQL Server Agent I get a message "An error 1049 - (The
service did not start due to a logon failure) while performing this service
operation on the SQLServerAgent service."
I am logged on to the machine as Administrator and SQL Server has a login
for Servername\Administrator.
I can perform data manipulation operations with no problems. I have not had
this problem on other servers before.
Any help would be appreciated.
RagnarHello,
Go to the COntrol Panel, Services, SQL Server Agent -- Go to Logon option
and chnage it to Local System Account and try restarting.
If it works fine then use a domain account and specify the password and
restrt the service.
I recommend you to start SQL Server and SQL Server Agent using the same
login account.
Thanks
Hari
"Ragnar Midtskogen" <ragnar_ng@.newsgroups.com> wrote in message
news:%23EzZ4wQYHHA.588@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> When I try to start SQL Server Agent I get a message "An error 1049 - (The
> service did not start due to a logon failure) while performing this
> service operation on the SQLServerAgent service."
> I am logged on to the machine as Administrator and SQL Server has a login
> for Servername\Administrator.
> I can perform data manipulation operations with no problems. I have not
> had this problem on other servers before.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Ragnar
>|||Thank you Hari,
The logon was set as Administrator, so I just reset the password and that
solved the problem.
By the way, the SQL Server Agent properties shows startup account as being
Administrator and it also shows that the connection should use Windows
authentication.
I am a little confused as to what the difference is between the startup and
the connect properties, but as long as it works I am happy.
Ragnar

No comments:

Post a Comment