Tuesday, March 27, 2012

can't start SQL Server Analysis Services

Hi I am using SQL 2005 but when I go to the SQL Server Configuration manager
and try to start the SQL Server Analysis Services, I get the error message
Requiest failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion.
In the event log it looks like there was a problem with login,
The SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service failed to start due
to the following error:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.
I currently have the logon as domain\username. Anyhow just wondering how to
fix this?
thanks Paul.
--
Paul G
Software engineer.got it working, for some reason the password was not set correctly, so just
used the properties box to correct it.
--
Paul G
Software engineer.
"Paul" wrote:

> Hi I am using SQL 2005 but when I go to the SQL Server Configuration manag
er
> and try to start the SQL Server Analysis Services, I get the error message
> Requiest failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion.
> In the event log it looks like there was a problem with login,
> The SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service failed to start due
> to the following error:
> The service did not start due to a logon failure.
> I currently have the logon as domain\username. Anyhow just wondering how
to
> fix this?
> thanks Paul.
> --
> Paul G
> Software engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment