Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can't start 2005 Report Services on XP SP2

Hej,
I am attempting to get a test environment up and running on my XP SP2
machine but I can't start reporting services. I found the following log in
the Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles directory:
ReportingServicesService!servicecontroller!4!28-03-2006-09:27:22:: e ERROR:
Exception caught starting RPC server:
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.UnknownUserNameException:
The user or group name 'ANEISHA\ASPNET' is not recognized.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.Native.NameToSid(String name)
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ServiceAppDomainController.StartRPCServer(Boolean
firstTime)
Anybody have any clues?
Thanks in advance,
Antony C. Roberts.In desperation, I created an ASPNET user and gave it all possible roles.
That solved the problem... What is the CORRECT solution to this problem?
Thanks!
/Ant.
"Antony C. Roberts" <acr@.no.way.com> wrote in message
news:ONFgYrjUGHA.1444@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hej,
> I am attempting to get a test environment up and running on my XP SP2
> machine but I can't start reporting services. I found the following log in
> the Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles directory:
> ReportingServicesService!servicecontroller!4!28-03-2006-09:27:22:: e
> ERROR: Exception caught starting RPC server:
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.UnknownUserNameException:
> The user or group name 'ANEISHA\ASPNET' is not recognized.
> at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.Native.NameToSid(String name)
> at
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ServiceAppDomainController.StartRPCServer(Boolean
> firstTime)
> Anybody have any clues?
> Thanks in advance,
> Antony C. Roberts.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment