Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can't stop page breaks on my grouped list

All,
I've created a list and defined a group for monthly period. In the
list, I include several controls that show each month's summary values.
Unfortunately, each month's set of controls is appearing on separate
pages. The sections are small enough to fit two or three per page.
I've verified that the two page break properties are both set to False.
I've set the Keep Together property to False. What else am I missing?
Are their layout issues concerning margins or anything like that? This
is the first time I've tried to use grouped lists so I don't know what
to think.
I created the report with the report wizards and then modified it from
there. Maybe that will help.
Thanks,
DavidIt's me...the originator of this message.
I apparently have not found the list control's property that made it
serve as the Page field container that I chose in the New Report Wizard
(Matrix report). I would have thought the New Page After property.
Nevertheless, I created a new list control and copied my controls into
it. After defining my group, all worked as expected.
So if you're reading this and have a guess why the list control
mysteriously ejected pages, please respond. I'm interested.
David|||What was the property ? I am having a similar problem with the
occasional page in my report (200 pages) breaking about half way down
the page.
davidb@.mercurydata.com wrote:
> It's me...the originator of this message.
> I apparently have not found the list control's property that made it
> serve as the Page field container that I chose in the New Report Wizard
> (Matrix report). I would have thought the New Page After property.
> Nevertheless, I created a new list control and copied my controls into
> it. After defining my group, all worked as expected.
> So if you're reading this and have a guess why the list control
> mysteriously ejected pages, please respond. I'm interested.
> David

No comments:

Post a Comment