Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can't start SSIS

Hello,

Our enterprise have bought a sql server 2005 standard edition.
Before installing it i have installed the beta version.
And after I desinstalled this beta version (with difficulties).
But the problem is that I can't start SSIS.

I have the following message:
"The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion.
Consult event log or other applicable error logs for details.
"

Please can you help me.
Thanks.

You should really format the machine and reinstall the OS, especially if you had an early beta. The fact that you had problems cleaning it up would be a clear indication to me that you should do that more than ever.

Are there any errors in the event log, as the message directs?

Have you applied SP1? There is an issue with starting the service with that.

|||If you have installed SP1, please review this KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918644|||

Thanks!!!
In fact I haven't installed the SP1 because the SP1 I have seen is only for express edition (I have the standard edition)!!
For the event log I haven't seen it yet!! I'll try to do it Monday.

PS:
One thing I remembered during the installation is that all the system requirements were not OK.I didn't have errors but there were 2 warnings(i don't remember them)!! .

May be it will be that!!Or it will be because I haven't installed SP1 (if you know where I can download it please indicate me ).

Thanks for comments!!!

|||

taze wrote:

if you know where I can download it please indicate me

The SP1 can be downloaded http://www.microsoft.com/sql/sp1.mspx, but I don't think it will fix this particular issue.

I join Darren's advice to reinstall the OS if earlier it had any beta builds.

|||Thank U very much for your advice!!!
I will try reinstall SQL Server 2005 in a new machine wirhout any SQL 2005 beta version!!!
Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment