Sunday, March 25, 2012

can't start mssqlserver

I installed a copy of SQL server 2005 on a Win 2003 machine. I connected remotely from another machine and started Sql Server Configuration manager. The MSSQLServer is stopped. So, I click to start and it failed. The error it gave me was that it time out. I am new to SQL 2005 and I thought the next step after installing was to configure. Can anyone help me please.

Check in the SQL Server log file for any info. If SQL received the startup request, the log will show why the timeout occurred. Presumably there was a configuration problem that caused startup to fail.

Also check the network configuration. I believe local connections require shared memory to be enabled.

|||Hi, in addition to the aother post, try to make a snapshot of your event log if you can't figure out the problem and send the appropiate parts (like starting the service which breaks) to this forum again.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment