Thursday, March 8, 2012

Can't remove user from role

I have a user in a database role that I cannot remove from the role.
If I go into the user's properties and deselect the role, click OK,
then go back in, the role is still checked.
I've tried to remove them via sp_droprolemember without success.
I am able to add and drop the user from other roles, though, and I'm
able to add/drop other users to the same role.
How do I drop them from the role?
Using: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
What error message did you get when you tried to remove it from the role?
Linchi
"cbtechlists@.gmail.com" wrote:

> I have a user in a database role that I cannot remove from the role.
> If I go into the user's properties and deselect the role, click OK,
> then go back in, the role is still checked.
> I've tried to remove them via sp_droprolemember without success.
> I am able to add and drop the user from other roles, though, and I'm
> able to add/drop other users to the same role.
> How do I drop them from the role?
> Using: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
>
|||Hi Linchi:
I don't get an error. It appears to work successfully. But when I look
at the user's roles again, it's still there.
On Feb 12, 12:03Xpm, Linchi Shea
<LinchiS...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> What error message did you get when you tried to remove it from the role?
> Linchi
>
> "cbtechli...@.gmail.com" wrote:
>
>
> - Show quoted text -
|||How did you verify whether it's still there in the role? If you are using a
GUI tool, could this be a case of the GUI interface not being refreshed? I
know this may be too obvious, but...
Linchi
"cbtechlists@.gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi Linchi:
> I don't get an error. It appears to work successfully. But when I look
> at the user's roles again, it's still there.
>
> On Feb 12, 12:03 pm, Linchi Shea
> <LinchiS...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
|||If I use sp_helpuser 'theuser' I don't see the role listed.
If I open the properties of the user, the role is listed. I've
refreshed with the same results.
Weird
On Feb 12, 2:26Xpm, Linchi Shea <LinchiS...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> How did you verify whether it's still there in the role? If you are using a
> GUI tool, could this be a case of the GUI interface not being refreshed? I
> know this may be too obvious, but...
> Linchi
>
> "cbtechli...@.gmail.com" wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> - Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment