Thursday, March 8, 2012

Can't replicate with DB on LAN

Hi all,
I'm doing merge replication sql2000 to sql2000, handled programatically
in my c# application.
Everything is working perfectly when the publisher and subscriber are
on the same SQL Server registration, but not when I try to replicate
with SQL Server on our server.
The Server DB registration is listed in my local Enterprise Manager.
In my application, the working version of my setup includes these
variables:
// Publisher Info
private string strPublisher = "BCN"; //the local machine name
private string strPublisherAddress ="localhost"; // the local machine
private string strPublisherDatabase ="Pub1";
But if I simply change the publisher name:
// Publisher Info
private string strPublisher = "MON"; //the server machine name
I get an unspecified error.
- The DB Instance names are identical to the server names.
- Using TCP-IP Network protocol, tried Multi-protocol to no avail.
Can anyone help? I am really stuck at this point.
Thanks,
JJ
Update - If I switch away from TCP-IP to Default Network, it works.
I wonder how well it will work when I go back to TCP-IP when i test the
app's connection over a WAN.
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment