Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Can't see Mapped Drives in Database Maintenance tool!

I have SQL2000 & SQL2005 running on Windows 2003 servers.
I am using the Database Maintenance tool to backup selected databases. I
realized the only drives I can save these backups to are the local drives. We
don't have enough space on these local drives, so is there anyway to see the
network mapped drives for this procedure?
Thanks,
Ted
Don't use a mapped drive. Use the UNC pathing instead. You need to ensure
the account SQL Server is running under has permissions to read and write to
this share first.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555128
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Infomax" <Infomax@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EBB765BE-0A41-456C-9615-C6AB069AAADB@.microsoft.com...
>I have SQL2000 & SQL2005 running on Windows 2003 servers.
> I am using the Database Maintenance tool to backup selected databases. I
> realized the only drives I can save these backups to are the local drives.
> We
> don't have enough space on these local drives, so is there anyway to see
> the
> network mapped drives for this procedure?
> Thanks,
> Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment