Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cant see my DB (MSDE)

Hi! I dont know if this is the right forum to ask about MSDE.well nwy, im new in using msql and I just want to ask why does my database cant be viewed using my VB express edition. I have a database created using MSDE and I can see this using my window explorer. I tried to open the database using the Data Connection Tool of VB express edition but when I go to the directory where the database is I cant see it even I select all files.. Anyone know why? thanks!If you execute "exec sp_helpdb 'your_db_name'", you should see the listing for your database files. That's where you should go and look for files...|||

i think u got it wrong... while connecting to Microsoft SQL , you need to connect to server first and then database. You need to give the connection string or OLEDB provider etc. If i am not wrong what u r doing is you are directly connecting to Mdf files. That is not possible and that is not the way. You google for How to connect to Microsoft SQL Database using Dataconnection tool of VB Express. I am not a VB guy... so i will not be able to comment on that..

Madhu

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment