Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cant see stored procedures

Hi,

Can anyone help me. I've created a stored procedure in sql server and I'm trying to run it from my asp.net page. On Database Explorer I can't see it, or any for that matter, however I can see tables in the same schema.

Also I can't see it when I build a table adapter either.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Sam

My first suspicion is that you didn't succeed in creating the stored procedure as you think you have done. To allay that suspicion, can you see the proc in Sql Server Management Studio?

|||

Yes I can see it and execute it, it works fine through sql server

I'm thinking that it might be because I'm using the express versions of the software sql server studio and visual web developer. Do you think that might be limiting the functionality?

|||

No. That wouldn't limit what you can see in the Database explorer. I've just attached Northwind to SqlExpress, and can see the procs, views etc in DataBase Explorer in VWD.

Try clicking the Refresh button at the top of the Database Explorer panel.


|||

check you master database mybe you created it in default database which is usual master when you open New Query window.If it is true put line below on top of your proceureUSE [DATABASE NAME] GO

|||

As JPazgier mentioned you probably created the proc in the default master db. If so, script out the proc, drop the proc from master db, re-create it in the actual db. If that is not the case and the proc is already in the right database, then check your connection string to see if your application is connecting to the right database.

No comments:

Post a Comment