Thursday, March 22, 2012

Can't seem to build simple cube in SQL 2005

I have a relatively simple cube, with the exception that some of the tables in my data source view are named queries from different databases.

Whenever the cube processes, it fails with the following error:

Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDbCommand interface was being used: Out-of-process use of OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI.1" with SQL Server is not supported..

When I switch the data source to use the OLEDB for SQL Server instead of the native client, it complains of invalid columns in the query (there are no invalid columns in the query, I can browse the data from the designer and run the query successfully).

Anyone know how to get past this issue?

Hi, Did you find a solution to this, as I'm experiencing the same situation.

Thanks,

Steve

|||Yes, I eventually figured it out. I had to switch every connection to use oledb for it to work, even ones not associated with the query giving the error.|||I hit this same issue as well...does anyone on the SSAS team know more about this? Why doesn't the default provider work? The strange thing is that was JUST working fine and I don't know why I started to receive this error.

Error 1 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Out-of-process use of OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI.1" with SQL Server is not supported.; 42000. 0 0|||Did you find an issue to this problem ? I encounter exactly the same thing.

Thanks|||I have not tried this again since sp2 came out, but I would make sure the service packs are applied. Otherwise, the only workaround is to change ALL the connections to use the OLEDB provider. If any of the connections use the new provider the error will continue to occur.|||Thank you for your reply. All my connections were using OLEDB provider and I still had the problem.

Anyway, by the same time we changed our test server (hosting both the databases and the visual studio solution) and I don't have the problem anymore with this new server. I hope it won't occure again !

Thanks again

Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment