Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cant Seem to Figure out a Trigger...

Hey everyone,

First post (of hopefully many) to come...

I am currently writing a little Football Pool Application and I need to create a trigger (I think anyways) but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I won't bore people with the entire schema. What is needed to know is that I have a "Game" table which stores the ID's of two teams playing, and their respective scores (0 until after the game ends), I have a UserTable which stores a "card id" (basically a set of picks) and then I have UserPicksTable which basically just links to the UserCards as well as has a "WinningTeam" field, which will hold the ID of the team that the user in question has picked to win.

So every Tuesday morning I will enter the game scores into the "Game" table and I want this trigger to give a point to all the users that picked that game correctly...

If anyone could give me a hand, or a boot, in the right direction it would be a huge help. I can't even figure out where to start...

thanks,

--dbWhich database is it? Triggers sound like Oracle; if so, perhaps you could consider using a job scheduler (DBMS_JOB or DBMS_SCHEDULER) which would, depending on the results, send mail to users (or even all of them).

No comments:

Post a Comment