Thursday, March 22, 2012

Can't send operator email in SQL Sever 2005

I have set up Database Mail
I have sent a test message successfully
I have set up a Operator
When I create a test job to send a test message to the operator the
TSQL is
EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_notify_operator @.name=N'Chris Auer',@.body=N'wewqe'
When I run that query I get
Msg 14636, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_send_dbmail, Line 94
No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the
@.profile_name parameter.
In the job log I have this
Executing the query "EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_notify_operator @.name=N'Chris
Auer',@.body=N'wewqe'
" failed with the following error: "No global profile is configured.
Specify a profile name in the @.profile_name parameter.". Possible
failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set
correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established
correctly.
What is a global profile?
I have already made the registry change to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.1\SQLServerAgent
I made DatabaseMailProfile my default profile name in Database Mail and
I made UseDatabaseMail = 1
Any ideas, thanks. This is driving me up a wall.'
Chris Auer
Looks like you only need to specify a profile name or define a default
profile.
Right-click Database Mail, select Configure Database Mail and select Manage
profile security. Here you have the choice to configure your profiles as
public, private and/or default.
If you do not have a default profile configured you will need to specify the
@.profile_name parameter. This is the same name under 'Profile name' on the
Database Mail Configuration Wizard.
Also, take a look at 'Database Mail [SQL Server], security on BOL.
Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
"Chris Auer" <chris.auer@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1132958108.969902.311470@.g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>I have set up Database Mail
> I have sent a test message successfully
> I have set up a Operator
> When I create a test job to send a test message to the operator the
> TSQL is
> EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_notify_operator @.name=N'Chris Auer',@.body=N'wewqe'
> When I run that query I get
> Msg 14636, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_send_dbmail, Line 94
> No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the
> @.profile_name parameter.
> In the job log I have this
> Executing the query "EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_notify_operator @.name=N'Chris
> Auer',@.body=N'wewqe'
> " failed with the following error: "No global profile is configured.
> Specify a profile name in the @.profile_name parameter.". Possible
> failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set
> correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established
> correctly.
>
> What is a global profile?
> I have already made the registry change to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL
> Server\MSSQL.1\SQLServerAgent
> I made DatabaseMailProfile my default profile name in Database Mail and
> I made UseDatabaseMail = 1
> Any ideas, thanks. This is driving me up a wall.'
> Chris Auer
>
|||I also have the exact same problem, and is driving me nuts too. I have
created a default, private profile for the agent to use, however it still
fails.
I get the same error message. I can send database mail, but the agent fails.
I've tried public default profiles and they fail too. The agent account is
setup in msdb in the DatabaseMailUser role.
The interseting thing is that the 'Test' button is dimmed on the SQL Agent,
Alert System, Mail Session page even though the correct profile is selected!
Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jim
"Ben Nevarez" wrote:

> Looks like you only need to specify a profile name or define a default
> profile.
> Right-click Database Mail, select Configure Database Mail and select Manage
> profile security. Here you have the choice to configure your profiles as
> public, private and/or default.
> If you do not have a default profile configured you will need to specify the
> @.profile_name parameter. This is the same name under 'Profile name' on the
> Database Mail Configuration Wizard.
> Also, take a look at 'Database Mail [SQL Server], security on BOL.
> Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
>
> "Chris Auer" <chris.auer@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1132958108.969902.311470@.g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment