Thursday, March 22, 2012

Can't send out mail if Outlook not open ?

Dear experts,
In my server, I have created a scheduled task that use SENDMAIL to send some
reports to my boss email ... but I find that if the mail cannot send out if
the OUTLOOK in the server was closed ... everytime I need to open the OUTLOOK
and press SEND/RECEIVE to send those mail out. (It will be a big trouble if
we have a few days holiday) ...
So can anyone know why the SENDMAIL function cannot operate when the OUTLOOK
is closed ? if so, can someone tell me how to solve this problem (except
ALWAYS OPEN THE OUTLOOK), thanks very much for all of your concern & helping
!!!
Some versions of Outlook require keeping Outlook open for
SQL Mail to work correctly. You may also want to refer to
the following articles:
INF: How to Configure SQL Mail
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=263556
INF: Common SQL Mail Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315886
One way around this is to not use Outlook, MAPI for mail and
just use smtp. You can download an extended stored procedure
to send mail using SMTP. You can find the download and more
information at:
http://www.sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm
-Sue
On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:31:09 -0700, "Devil Garfield"
<DevilGarfield@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear experts,
>In my server, I have created a scheduled task that use SENDMAIL to send some
>reports to my boss email ... but I find that if the mail cannot send out if
>the OUTLOOK in the server was closed ... everytime I need to open the OUTLOOK
>and press SEND/RECEIVE to send those mail out. (It will be a big trouble if
>we have a few days holiday) ...
>So can anyone know why the SENDMAIL function cannot operate when the OUTLOOK
>is closed ? if so, can someone tell me how to solve this problem (except
>ALWAYS OPEN THE OUTLOOK), thanks very much for all of your concern & helping
>!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment