Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can't register SQL Server locally due to Login problems

Hello,
I had installed SQL Server 2000 locally on my machine and I had 2 security
logins: -
1. sa - default database was set to dbTest
2. mydomain\myusername - default database was set to dbTest
The thing is, "dbTest" was deleted due to some testing and now when I try
to connect to my SQL Server with Enterprise Manager, Login fails as the
default database is missing.
Is there a way I can register back my server ?
Thanks,
Sam.
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com
You can try connecting via osql.exe (a command line tool) and issue the
appropriate command to change the default database (using sp_defaultdb).
or
You can try modifying your shortcut to Query Analyzer to something like
this:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\Binn\isqlw.exe" -SYourMachineNameHere -Usa -PTheSApwdGoesHer
e -dtempdb
I use the modified shortcut method to connect to a specific server and
connect to a specific database. However I don't know if you will be able to
do this if the user's default database is unavailable.
Keith
"Sameer Premji via SQLMonster.com" <forum@.SQLMonster.com> wrote in message
news:3c315b71f1a74a548e1b9c93ad0da038@.SQLMonster.c om...
> Hello,
> I had installed SQL Server 2000 locally on my machine and I had 2 security
> logins: -
> 1. sa - default database was set to dbTest
> 2. mydomain\myusername - default database was set to dbTest
> The thing is, "dbTest" was deleted due to some testing and now when I try
> to connect to my SQL Server with Enterprise Manager, Login fails as the
> default database is missing.
> Is there a way I can register back my server ?
> Thanks,
> Sam.
> --
> Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com
|||The shortcut didn't work.
How do I use osql.exe because double-clicking on it, vanishes and what is
the statement ?
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com
|||Since osql is a command line tool you need to
Start | Run | cmd <enter>
osql /? <enter>
Keith
"Sameer Premji via SQLMonster.com" <forum@.SQLMonster.com> wrote in message
news:2313ae62041a424caca786036f7b4385@.SQLMonster.c om...
> The shortcut didn't work.
> How do I use osql.exe because double-clicking on it, vanishes and what is
> the statement ?
> --
> Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment