Thursday, March 8, 2012

CAN'T remove "Execute job" from alert in SS 2005?

This is kind of strange. On a SQL 2005 SP2 box, I've set up a few alerts to
monitor tran log growth. If they reach the threshold the alerts will fire
and send emails and kick off a tran log dump job. Now I want to remove the
job by unchecking the "Execute job" box from the "Response" node. after
clicking OK and going back to revisit it, the job is still checked. I've
tested this on a few other SQL instances - all are the same. From my
machine, I tested on a SQL 2000 server and it works as expected.
The alert is scripted below. I have also tried to change @.job_id to null in
a hope that the sproc will make it unchecked. But still the old job exists
in the alert.
EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_add_alert @.name=N'test',
@.message_id=0,
@.severity=0,
@.enabled=1,
@.delay_between_responses=0,
@.include_event_description_in=1,
@.category_name=N'[Uncategorized]',
@.performance_condition=N'SQLServer:Databases|Log File(s) Used Size
(KB)|tempdb|>|100000',
@.job_id=N'4d9d9fde-0fed-4d79-b894-0a04ae0d2b85'
I tend to believe this is a SQL 2005 bug. Has anyone else seen or can anyone
duplicate the same problem?
RickIt is not strange if it's a bug. :-) confirmed for ss2005. someone already
reported in April 2007.
"YPD" <y.ding@.neu.edu> wrote in message
news:C272B7CA-23BD-497A-AACC-C84E60A5030E@.microsoft.com...
> This is kind of strange. On a SQL 2005 SP2 box, I've set up a few alerts
> to monitor tran log growth. If they reach the threshold the alerts will
> fire and send emails and kick off a tran log dump job. Now I want to
> remove the job by unchecking the "Execute job" box from the "Response"
> node. after clicking OK and going back to revisit it, the job is still
> checked. I've tested this on a few other SQL instances - all are the same.
> From my machine, I tested on a SQL 2000 server and it works as expected.
> The alert is scripted below. I have also tried to change @.job_id to null
> in a hope that the sproc will make it unchecked. But still the old job
> exists in the alert.
> EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_add_alert @.name=N'test',
> @.message_id=0,
> @.severity=0,
> @.enabled=1,
> @.delay_between_responses=0,
> @.include_event_description_in=1,
> @.category_name=N'[Uncategorized]',
> @.performance_condition=N'SQLServer:Databases|Log File(s) Used Size
> (KB)|tempdb|>|100000',
> @.job_id=N'4d9d9fde-0fed-4d79-b894-0a04ae0d2b85'
> I tend to believe this is a SQL 2005 bug. Has anyone else seen or can
> anyone duplicate the same problem?
>
> Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment