Sunday, March 11, 2012

Can't Run any DM Until Delete Lost Cube?

I (unsuccessfully) made a cube named, MSR TRANCHES. I can't find any trace of it anymore. However, I can't make a new Mining Structure because VS complains of:

Error 1 File system error: Error opening file; \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Analysis Services Project1.0.db\MSR TRANCHES ~MC.1.cub.xml is not a disk file or file is not accessible. Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the MSR TRANCHES ~MC cube, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Analysis Services Project1.0.db\MSR TRANCHES ~MC.1.cub.xml'. 0 0

I can't find any cube anywhere, nor do I find this missing file. How does Visual Studio know to look and how do I clear this up.

Thank you very much,

I obtain the same error when I try to develop a mining structure. Anybody know the solution?

Thanks in advance.

|||The error you're seeing indicates that the database is corrupt (internal files associated with certain system objects are missing). If you don't have any other database/objects you need to save on the server, the workaround would be to shut down the AS2005 service (SQL Server Analysis Service (<instancename>)), delete the "\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\OLAP\Data" folder and restart the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment