Sunday, March 11, 2012

Can't run deployed report that runs in development (BIDS)

I have a number of reports that use one of two shared data sources. All of
these reports used to work/run fine in both BIDS and on the server after
deployment. However, recently I cannot run any of them from the
reportserver - but they still all work fine in BIDS.
One datasoure is a SQL2005 database and the other is an older Gupta SQLBase
database (via OLEDB).
The error I get in the report window is bad username or password.
The only thing that's changed recently is that I was forced to change my
domain password. But I also changed any reporting reference to the
username/password as well - and like I said all runs well from BIDS.
I've fiddled with the shared datasource properties/security - trying out
different options but I still can't get this to work. Can anyone provide
some pointers/insight?
Thanks.Michael,
The default behavior in Visual Studio (BIDS) is not to push a datasource if
one already exists with the same name. Thus if you make a change in BIDS, it
will not get updated to the server if it already exists, unless you change
the default behavior.
Right click on the Project icon in Solution Explorer and select Properties,
and then change the OverwriteDataSources to true and re-deploy the datasource
with the updates.
I suggest changing it back when you are done. This is a great option for
deployments into different environments.
Reeves
"Michael K. Walter" wrote:
> I have a number of reports that use one of two shared data sources. All of
> these reports used to work/run fine in both BIDS and on the server after
> deployment. However, recently I cannot run any of them from the
> reportserver - but they still all work fine in BIDS.
> One datasoure is a SQL2005 database and the other is an older Gupta SQLBase
> database (via OLEDB).
> The error I get in the report window is bad username or password.
> The only thing that's changed recently is that I was forced to change my
> domain password. But I also changed any reporting reference to the
> username/password as well - and like I said all runs well from BIDS.
> I've fiddled with the shared datasource properties/security - trying out
> different options but I still can't get this to work. Can anyone provide
> some pointers/insight?
> Thanks.
>
>|||Thanks Reeves.
However, I'm pretty sure I tried that already. I'll go back into the
projects and double check though.
Michael
"Reeves Smith" <ReevesSmith@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F378170C-9297-4177-9BAF-7ACD30ACE5E3@.microsoft.com...
> Michael,
> The default behavior in Visual Studio (BIDS) is not to push a datasource
> if
> one already exists with the same name. Thus if you make a change in BIDS,
> it
> will not get updated to the server if it already exists, unless you change
> the default behavior.
> Right click on the Project icon in Solution Explorer and select
> Properties,
> and then change the OverwriteDataSources to true and re-deploy the
> datasource
> with the updates.
> I suggest changing it back when you are done. This is a great option for
> deployments into different environments.
> Reeves
> "Michael K. Walter" wrote:
>> I have a number of reports that use one of two shared data sources. All
>> of
>> these reports used to work/run fine in both BIDS and on the server after
>> deployment. However, recently I cannot run any of them from the
>> reportserver - but they still all work fine in BIDS.
>> One datasoure is a SQL2005 database and the other is an older Gupta
>> SQLBase
>> database (via OLEDB).
>> The error I get in the report window is bad username or password.
>> The only thing that's changed recently is that I was forced to change my
>> domain password. But I also changed any reporting reference to the
>> username/password as well - and like I said all runs well from BIDS.
>> I've fiddled with the shared datasource properties/security - trying out
>> different options but I still can't get this to work. Can anyone provide
>> some pointers/insight?
>> Thanks.
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment