Sunday, March 11, 2012

Can't run rskeymgmt after SP2

After installing SP2 for SQL 2005 I can no longer run rskeymgmt. I was
trying to backup the encryption key
(rskeymgmt -e -fc:\rsdbkey.txt -ppassword) but I get the following error:
The Report Server Windows service in not responding to RPC requests. The
service may not be running.
I have checked and the service is running. Are there any issues with SP2?On Apr 5, 1:21 pm, "Tim Kelley" <tkel...@.company.com> wrote:
> After installing SP2 for SQL 2005 I can no longer run rskeymgmt. I was
> trying to backup the encryption key
> (rskeymgmt -e -fc:\rsdbkey.txt -ppassword) but I get the following error:
> The Report Server Windows service in not responding to RPC requests. The
> service may not be running.
> I have checked and the service is running. Are there any issues with SP2?
This article might be helpful:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1323751&SiteID=1
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment