Sunday, March 11, 2012

Can't run reports in Report Builder

I've followed the Adventure Works tutorial for Report Builder, but when I click Run Report I get this error message:

Report execution error
The report might not be valid or the server could not process the data.

Input string was not in a correct format.
-
Remote GDI stream version: 10.0.1. Expected version: 10.0.1.

Any ideas?

Most likely this is happening because you're running with regional settings on the client not equal to US English.

I'm always getting this error after a new installation, but when I switch from Norwegian to US English Regional Settings, the error disappears.

Trond

|||

Yes, switching the regional settings to US English should work for CTP builds.
Note: the underlying issue is fixed for the final SQL Server 2005 RTM release.

-- Robert

|||Thanks guys, that worked.

/Jonas|||Hello

I have a similar problem, but when I create a pivot table connecting to an OLAP cube in SQL2005. This does not work and I get an error message saying: XML for analysis parser: The lovalidentifier property is not overwriteable .....

If I change my settings from swedish to American English it works.
Can I say to my customer that Ii also will be fixed in the final release?

Thanks
/Martin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post very helpful

dbakings

Post a Comment