Thursday, March 22, 2012

can't set backup retention

We have a SQL 2000 MSDE when I use maintenance plan to set up
backups, Remove files older than window, when I click on the screw down lit
for the options (minutes, hours, days, weeks, months), there is nothing to
choose.
I remember there is an msde table or something needs to add. I forgot about
it...
Any advice from Microsoft...
I have searched on google, nothing showing up except talking about SQL
2005...This is only for SQL 2000 MSDE.Hi everybody,
Can I get answer for this today'
"renhai" wrote:

> We have a SQL 2000 MSDE when I use maintenance plan to set up
> backups, Remove files older than window, when I click on the screw down li
t
> for the options (minutes, hours, days, weeks, months), there is nothing t
o
> choose.
> I remember there is an msde table or something needs to add. I forgot abou
t
> it...
> Any advice from Microsoft...
> I have searched on google, nothing showing up except talking about SQL
> 2005...This is only for SQL 2000 MSDE.
>|||I think maybe your are thinking about the missing registry
key. That process executes:
xp_instance_regread N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE',
N'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLSe
rver',
N'BackupDirectory'
If there is no BackupDirectory string value in the key
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQ
LServer, you get an
error and nothing is displayed for the time increments.
-Sue
On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:58:01 -0700, renhai
<renhai@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a SQL 2000 MSDE when I use maintenance plan to set up
>backups, Remove files older than window, when I click on the screw down lit
>for the options (minutes, hours, days, weeks, months), there is nothing to
>choose.
>I remember there is an msde table or something needs to add. I forgot about
>it...
>Any advice from Microsoft...
>I have searched on google, nothing showing up except talking about SQL
>2005...This is only for SQL 2000 MSDE.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment