Friday, February 24, 2012

Can't make database role a member of another database role in 2005.

In sql server 2000, I created some custom database roles called ProjectLeader and Developer. I would make these roles a member in the fixed database roles so that I would only have to add the user to the ProjectLeader or Developer role once and they would presto-magico have the security I wanted them to have with no unecessary mouse clicking. I'm not sure how to repeat this process in 2005? Management Studio doesn't seem to allow you to add a role as a member in another role. Is there a work around or solution for this?

You can always use T-SQL; see sp_addrolemember in Books Online. You can post on the Tools forum to see if there is a way to do this within the GUI.

Thanks
Laurentiu

No comments:

Post a Comment