Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can't pass first screen on SQL wizard to create new msde2000A DB

Hi,
I installed on my Windows2000 server (with SP4) MSDE2000 release A. The
problem is whenever I create a new MS Access Database project, the SQL Server
Database wizard shows up. The first screen asks for information like the name
of the server(SERVER01), the userID (sa) and the password. After I provide
all those information, whenever I click on the Next button, I have the
message box saying:
"Overflow" without any other explanation. I am using MS Office Premium. What
is curious is I create Ms Access .mdb file to import object from the master
DB and I am successfull using the same SA and password that I provided to the
setup program during the installation phase.
Does anybody have any idea why I have the "overflow" message?
hi Firedrich,
Zadi Friedrich wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed on my Windows2000 server (with SP4) MSDE2000 release A.
> The problem is whenever I create a new MS Access Database project,
> the SQL Server Database wizard shows up. The first screen asks for
> information like the name of the server(SERVER01), the userID (sa)
> and the password. After I provide all those information, whenever I
> click on the Next button, I have the message box saying:
> "Overflow" without any other explanation. I am using MS Office
> Premium. What is curious is I create Ms Access .mdb file to import
> object from the master DB and I am successfull using the same SA and
> password that I provided to the setup program during the installation
> phase.
> Does anybody have any idea why I have the "overflow" message?
please have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;272384
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.12.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.58.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment