Friday, February 24, 2012

Cant modify or delete an existing job

Folks, i have rebuilt my old server machine and i've restored the MSDB over the new machine. Now when i try to edit or delete any of the jobs that come from the RESTORE; i get the following error message:

I never setup multiserver administration.
However i can create and delete new jobs.
How do i remove these older jobs.

Howdy!This happened to me once, when a machine was renamed. I think it is as simple as updating the sysjobs table to reflect the new server name (originating_server column). Make sure you have a good backup, before you do this, however.|||sorry: the error message is:
error 14274: Cannot add, update, or delete a job that originated from anMSX server.

Thanx, MCrowley. I would try this when the users are off the machine.

Howdy.|||My experience was the exact same as MCrowley's; I think I went in and hand-edited the jobs in the msdb database (through EM; it was a long time ago). You may need to set the switch to allow updating of system tables, but I don't recall that I had to do that.

Regards,

hmscott

sorry: the error message is:
error 14274: Cannot add, update, or delete a job that originated from anMSX server.

Thanx, MCrowley. I would try this when the users are off the machine.

Howdy.|||i am squared. thanx.

USE MASTER
GO
sp_configure 'allow updates' ,1
GO
RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE
GO
USE MSDB
go
update sysjobs set originating_server='myserver'
GO
USE MASTER
GO
sp_configure 'allow updates' ,0
GO
RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE

--HOWDY!|||Just had the same problem on a rebuilt server - the above script sorted it out.

thanks,
Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment