Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can't ping cluster - need help

Recently set up a cluster and it seems to be working up to a point.
Have run into a problem trying to ping the cluster IP address from a
node not owning any resources, or from outside the cluster. Pinging
from the node that owns everything works, and if I move over the MSDTC
then the second node works.
I have read through books on line and a bunch of kb articles, think
everything is configured correctly, can't figure out what to do next.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Ultimately I want to install SQLServer, but the installation fails, and
I think I need to fix this problem before digging into the sql setup.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mike
If a node owns the group, that means that the IP address is bound to his own
interface. In other words, the TCP/IP packet won't leave the NIC and you
always will get replies. If you cannot ping it from even the other node, then,
- Check connectivity to your switches
- try pinging to the gateway
- Is ping allowed (firewalls, ...)
Chau chau,
Pascalos
"Mike G." wrote:

> Recently set up a cluster and it seems to be working up to a point.
> Have run into a problem trying to ping the cluster IP address from a
> node not owning any resources, or from outside the cluster. Pinging
> from the node that owns everything works, and if I move over the MSDTC
> then the second node works.
> I have read through books on line and a bunch of kb articles, think
> everything is configured correctly, can't figure out what to do next.
> Anyone have any thoughts?
> Ultimately I want to install SQLServer, but the installation fails, and
> I think I need to fix this problem before digging into the sql setup.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Mike
>

No comments:

Post a Comment