Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cant open report...is there an option to open without data?

I've just completed my first Crystal Report, in Crystal 10. The report contains 5 subreports, each of which link to SQL databases. However, I can no longer open the report. When I try to open it, I get the following error message: "crw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I've tried a number of things to resolve, mainly regarding my installation of Crystal Reports, but nothing has fixed the problem. Also, others have tried to open the report and can't, so it seems that the file was corrupted.

I believe the problem first happened when I was adding fields to the report and then attempting to preview the report. I had the "Save Data With Report" option turned on, and I believe the issue is related to changes I made that caused a problem linking to the data. I'm thinking that if I can open the report in Design mode only, without the data, I would be able to undo the changes that started giving me this problem. Is there any way I can open the report without the data now (i.e., turn off the "Save Data With Report" option so I can open up the report with the Design tab only, not the Preview tab, and undo my changes)?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks much.Visit http://support.businessobjects.com and search for the solution|||I am not any help but I have this same issue when I try to add a field to any of the reports...same error. I am all of a sudden in situation where I cannot add or copy and past a field into the report. If I uninstall and reinstall the situation goes away but only temporarily. I am at my wit's end. If I find out what my problem is, maybe it is related and I will let you know what I find. I have gne from it happening every once in a while to where I am totally unproductive......

No comments:

Post a Comment