Saturday, February 25, 2012

cant open databases folder

Hello, I just installed SQL Server 2000 on my home computer and am
connecting to a remote SQL server over the Internet. I can log into
the server just fine and see 7 folders including the 'Databases'
folder. I can open up all of the other 6 folders but for some crazy
reason when I double click on the 'Databases' folder, I can't open it!
The hourglass appears and Enterprise Manager basically locks up. Does
anyone know what's going on???
Please email response to nkulshresh@.hotmail.com as well as posting to
group.

Thanks,
Navin[posted and mailed, please reply in news]

Navin Kulshreshtha (amador612@.hotmail.com) writes:
> Hello, I just installed SQL Server 2000 on my home computer and am
> connecting to a remote SQL server over the Internet. I can log into
> the server just fine and see 7 folders including the 'Databases'
> folder. I can open up all of the other 6 folders but for some crazy
> reason when I double click on the 'Databases' folder, I can't open it!
> The hourglass appears and Enterprise Manager basically locks up. Does
> anyone know what's going on???

It could be that autoclose is turned for one or more databasees. Connect
with Query Analyzer, and run an sp_help and check the options columns.

Also check that you have not enabled ODBC tracing on your machine.

> Please email response to nkulshresh@.hotmail.com as well as posting to
> group.

If you want replies to a certain address, please put it in the Reply-To
field of your posting.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment