Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cant preview report

Hi ,
I have a long sql statement(a little bit complicated), but I've tried to
excute it in MS Sql server Management studio and it works correctly then I
put it in the dataset of Reporting services(MS Visual studio) , when I change
the panel to "Preview" ,MS visual studion seems no response and I have to
stop it through the system tool...
Please help! If you have the same experience.
Thanks in advance.
LanceI found a way to deal with this..might be not a best way.
Delete the DATESET and recreate a new one.
"Lance" wrote:
> Hi ,
> I have a long sql statement(a little bit complicated), but I've tried to
> excute it in MS Sql server Management studio and it works correctly then I
> put it in the dataset of Reporting services(MS Visual studio) , when I change
> the panel to "Preview" ,MS visual studion seems no response and I have to
> stop it through the system tool...
> Please help! If you have the same experience.
> Thanks in advance.
> Lance|||On Jan 31, 8:29 pm, Lance <La...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I found a way to deal with this..might be not a best way.
> Delete the DATESET and recreate a new one.
> "Lance" wrote:
> > Hi ,
> > I have a long sql statement(a little bit complicated), but I've tried to
> > excute it in MS Sql server Management studio and it works correctly then I
> > put it in the dataset of Reporting services(MS Visual studio) , when I change
> > the panel to "Preview" ,MS visual studion seems no response and I have to
> > stop it through the system tool...
> > Please help! If you have the same experience.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Lance
Sounds like you might have performance issues with the report query.
You might try running the Database Engine Tuning Advisor against the
report query to improve the performance via suggested indexes. Also,
if you haven't already, you will want to convert the report query into
a stored procedure. This should improve your report performance as
well. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment