Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can't Open DTS package - password

I have a SqlSrvr 2k system; a year ago I created a dts
package owned by administrator. I need to open it to
create a copy to move to another system. When I try
to open the package it prompts me for a password; I enter
the administrator's password - which fails. I am logged
in as administrator. How can I open this package ? There
are no security errors in the Sql Server log or the
system errorlog.
Thanks,
John Yard
UCLAThere is not a way to retrieve a password from a DTS package. There is no
way to reset it or change it either. The only way to change the password is
to save the package as a different name and the only way to do this is if
you can open it in the DTS Designer.
HTH
Ryan Waight, MCDBA, MCSE
"John Yard" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:05e101c3a33b$22aac240$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> I have a SqlSrvr 2k system; a year ago I created a dts
> package owned by administrator. I need to open it to
> create a copy to move to another system. When I try
> to open the package it prompts me for a password; I enter
> the administrator's password - which fails. I am logged
> in as administrator. How can I open this package ? There
> are no security errors in the Sql Server log or the
> system errorlog.
> Thanks,
> John Yard
> UCLA

No comments:

Post a Comment