Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can't re-attach database to sql server 2000

Hi,

My last post was terminated without the error message. To recap, I am unable to re-attach a database to a SQL server 2000 server after I detached it and attached it to a 2005 Server. When I detached it from the 2005 server and tried to re-attach it to the 2000 server I got the following error message:

" Error 5123: CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5(Access denied) while attempting to create the physical file ..."

I tried using both the 2005 Server Management Studio and the 2000 Enterprise manager to do the re-attachement but got the same error message.

Any ideas on how I can reattach the files?

Thanks for your help.

Ken McLean

You can′t. During attaching the database to the SQL 2k5, the internal structure is migrated to SQL Server 2005 specific requirements which are not understanable for the SQL 2000 instance. This is one way only.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment