Thursday, March 8, 2012

can't restore from backup

Hi,
I have two sql servers at two different facilities. I usually take the
backups from the live system and restore them to the backup system without
any problems until few days ago. The database we have is 21 GB. When I try
to restore it from backup, the restore tries to run for an hour and then an
error pops up:
Microsoft SQL - DMO (ODBC SQL State 42000)
An internal consistency error occurred. Contact technical support for
assistance. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
I tried it with two different backups and I am still getting the same error.
Any help is appreciated.
KatrinDoes the database come out clean from DBCC CHECKDB and DBCC CHECKCATALOG? If
it does (and you have searched KB and are up-to-date on service pack), I
suggest you open a case with MS Support.
--
Tibor Karaszi
"Katrin Koumpikova" <katrinkump@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OLz5W%23zoDHA.2512@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have two sql servers at two different facilities. I usually take the
> backups from the live system and restore them to the backup system without
> any problems until few days ago. The database we have is 21 GB. When I try
> to restore it from backup, the restore tries to run for an hour and then
an
> error pops up:
> Microsoft SQL - DMO (ODBC SQL State 42000)
> An internal consistency error occurred. Contact technical support for
> assistance. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
> I tried it with two different backups and I am still getting the same
error.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Katrin
>

No comments:

Post a Comment