Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can't increase datafile size

Hello All, a peculiar problem. I have a SQL Server 2000 with SP3. The
database on it has several datafiles spread over two file groups
"primary" and "secondary". On one of the files, which is on the primary
file group, when I try to increase the space allocated from 2100MB to
3000 MB it won't do it. No error message is generated. I am doing this
on enterprise manager. There is plenty of space on the disk to allow
for this increase. Any ideas? I am able to increase the datafile by
100 MB. So I can go from 2100 to 2200 but not to 3000.
Thanks,
Raziq.
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!Disk quota? Also, some confusion can sometimes be eliminated by
communication in the form of TSQL statements instead of "I do this in EM". I
suggest you construct a TSQL statement to do the file size change and post
here if you don't sort it out. ALTER DATABASE... MODIFY FILE...
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Raziq Shekha" <raziq_shekha@.anadarko.com> wrote in message
news:e5M%23LEVrDHA.2636@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello All, a peculiar problem. I have a SQL Server 2000 with SP3. The
> database on it has several datafiles spread over two file groups
> "primary" and "secondary". On one of the files, which is on the primary
> file group, when I try to increase the space allocated from 2100MB to
> 3000 MB it won't do it. No error message is generated. I am doing this
> on enterprise manager. There is plenty of space on the disk to allow
> for this increase. Any ideas? I am able to increase the datafile by
> 100 MB. So I can go from 2100 to 2200 but not to 3000.
> Thanks,
> Raziq.
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||Check your restricted file growth.. that one gets me all
the time..
>--Original Message--
>Hello All, a peculiar problem. I have a SQL Server 2000
with SP3. The
>database on it has several datafiles spread over two file
groups
>"primary" and "secondary". On one of the files, which is
on the primary
>file group, when I try to increase the space allocated
from 2100MB to
>3000 MB it won't do it. No error message is generated.
I am doing this
>on enterprise manager. There is plenty of space on the
disk to allow
>for this increase. Any ideas? I am able to increase the
datafile by
>100 MB. So I can go from 2100 to 2200 but not to 3000.
>Thanks,
>Raziq.
>
>*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com
***
>Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment