Wednesday, March 7, 2012

can't publish a table because the row exceeds maximum row size (80

I keep getting an error 511 when I try to publish a table. It says that the
row size exceeds the maximum row size of 8060 bytes. I hear that splitting up
the table is one way, but this table is an integral fixture across many apps
in our system (we've been using it for years), so redesigning it is virtually
out of the question at this point. Is there any way I can work around this
error? How can I include this table in the publication?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-b.
can you change one or more columns to the text data type?
--
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"pukeboot" <pukeboot@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6933DBA6-0CE9-47B8-9FA7-83CF1C447BFA@.microsoft.com...
>I keep getting an error 511 when I try to publish a table. It says that the
> row size exceeds the maximum row size of 8060 bytes. I hear that splitting
> up
> the table is one way, but this table is an integral fixture across many
> apps
> in our system (we've been using it for years), so redesigning it is
> virtually
> out of the question at this point. Is there any way I can work around this
> error? How can I include this table in the publication?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> -b.

No comments:

Post a Comment