Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can't register 2nd SQL Server instance on Windows 2003

I created a 2nd SQL Server instance on Windows 2003. I can
register the newly created instance on the server itself,
but can't register from the client machine.
Anyone has the solution for this, please help.
Thanks!What error message did you get when you tried to register it -- I assume --
on EM?
--
Linchi Shea
linchi_shea@.NOSPAMml.com
"pvtran@.hotmail.com" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:027901c39cbc$81b519a0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I created a 2nd SQL Server instance on Windows 2003. I can
> register the newly created instance on the server itself,
> but can't register from the client machine.
> Anyone has the solution for this, please help.
> Thanks!|||Yes on EM.
The error message is: "SQL Server does not exist or access
denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())"
>--Original Message--
>What error message did you get when you tried to register
it -- I assume --
>on EM?
>--
>Linchi Shea
>linchi_shea@.NOSPAMml.com
>
>"pvtran@.hotmail.com"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>news:027901c39cbc$81b519a0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
>> I created a 2nd SQL Server instance on Windows 2003. I
can
>> register the newly created instance on the server
itself,
>> but can't register from the client machine.
>> Anyone has the solution for this, please help.
>> Thanks!
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment