Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can't register Instance Server

Hello Experts,
I send this issue in this newsgroup too, hoping have
faster response here.
I bring up with my issue again because couldn't resolve
it.
Machine Name is KMICHAS with Windows XP Pro (All Critical
Updates Applied) and SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition
(SP3).
I setup an MSDE 2000 (A) with an Instance name MYTEST and
blank password.
Setup.ini
--
[Options]
TARGETDIR="C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SQL
SERVER\MSSQL\BINN\"
DATADIR="C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SQL
SERVER\MSSQL\DATA\"
INSTANCENAME="CTSQL"
SECURITYMODE="SQL"
COLLATION="SQL_Latin1_General_CP1253_CS_AS"
BLANKSAPWD=1
I think that a problem happened in the procedure of setup
without reporting any error because the TARGET Directory
is the same with the one that SQL Server 2000 Installed
and system files messed up. Is this true?
The problem that I face up is that I can't register this
Instance using Enterprise Manager, it never ends
trying to connect without reporting any error.
PS: Services of KMICHAS\MYTEST are all running.
Thanks in advance!Hello again,
The real problem is when Install MSDE and can't
configures SQL.
a) The SQL Error Log writes: Warning: override, autoexec
procedures skipped.
b) The Windows Application Event (Log) Viewer writes:
EventID: 1013
Product: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine -- Setup
failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error
logs and setup error logs for more information.
The error occured when I decide to change the path of
TARGET And DATA Directories.
Thanks in advance!
>--Original Message--
>Hello Experts,
>I send this issue in this newsgroup too, hoping have
>faster response here.
>I bring up with my issue again because couldn't resolve
>it.
>Machine Name is KMICHAS with Windows XP Pro (All
Critical
>Updates Applied) and SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition
>(SP3).
>I setup an MSDE 2000 (A) with an Instance name MYTEST
and
>blank password.
>Setup.ini
>--
>[Options]
>TARGETDIR="C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SQL
>SERVER\MSSQL\BINN\"
>DATADIR="C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SQL
>SERVER\MSSQL\DATA\"
>INSTANCENAME="CTSQL"
>SECURITYMODE="SQL"
>COLLATION="SQL_Latin1_General_CP1253_CS_AS"
>BLANKSAPWD=1
>I think that a problem happened in the procedure of
setup
>without reporting any error because the TARGET Directory
>is the same with the one that SQL Server 2000 Installed
>and system files messed up. Is this true?
>The problem that I face up is that I can't register this
>Instance using Enterprise Manager, it never ends
>trying to connect without reporting any error.
>PS: Services of KMICHAS\MYTEST are all running.
>Thanks in advance!
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment