Sunday, March 11, 2012

Can't run OpenQuery against OLAP Database

I'm trying to execute a query against an AS 2000 database from query analyzer. I've created the linked server using the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services" ("Allow InProcess" checked) but I'm getting an error message: "Could not get the data of the row from the OLE DB provider 'MSOLAP'.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: An unexpected internal error has occurred.]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSOLAP' IRowset::GetData returned 0x80040e21: Data status returned from the provider: [COLUMN_NAME=[Measures].[Act] STATUS=DBSTATUS_E_UNAVAILABLE]]."

Has anyone seen this problem before? Do you know what is needed to fix it? I had been able to execute an OpenQuery against another AS2000 database but that was with another machine and I can't pin point what I did to get it to work (the machine had a lot installed on it and I'm not sure what did the trick).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Carmen.

Please make sure that AS2000 SP4 client components are installed on that machine. I recall similar bug that was fixed in one of the SPs.|||

Thanks, Irina. All machines involved have SP4 installed on them. I think there is something missing on the client as well as on the server. Here is why:

Old laptop connecting to Server A: OK

Old laptop connecting to Server B: Error

New laptop connecting to Server A: Error

New laptop connecting to Server B: Error

If the problem was only on the new laptop, the old one should be able to connect to Server B. And if the problem was only on Server B, the new laptop should connect to Server A.

Thanks,

Carmen.

|||

Actually, I found that what is different on my old laptop is that it has SP3 instead of SP4.... And I think I read it somewhere about SP4 causing this problem. Does anyone knows of a fix for this?

Thanks,

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment