Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can't Register Server.

Hi : )

I have been trying to register 2 Servers in my Analysis Manager,
and have 2 different problems with them. One of them is my localhost.

When trying to connect my localhost I get this message:

Cannot connect to the repository
Analysis Server: CIN
Error[Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC]El nombre del origen de datos es demasiado largo

Then, the Remote server I need to connect sends an error message like this:
Cannot connect to the repository.
Analysis Server: SVR
Error: No se pudo usar "; el archivo ya está en uso.


Would you please help me :S

Hello. I think that you are talking about AS2000.

Are you a member of the OLAP-administrators group on your localhost machine and on the remote server?

In the second case I think that this AS2000 server already have another user that have connected to AS2000 with the cube manager/editor.

These are guesses!

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Hello Thomas,
I've verified my permissions on OLAP Administrators Group in both, my localhost and the server. The problem with my localhost happens just few days ago, I used to work fine on it but, suddenly start the error message. I have tried to unregister the server and register again but the problem persists : (

With the remote server what I have made is a trust relationship which is the way I get connected to the rest of the servers, but I do not understand the kind of error message. I have verified that no other uses have a session on it.

Thanks for your time in advance : )

|||

Hello again mayraims

I would check the following:

Difference in service packs/versions/patches between your local mmc-snapin, your local AS2000 and the remote server.|||

Thank You again Thomas,

Actually my problem to get connected in my local server was the repository Connection String

No comments:

Post a Comment