Sunday, February 19, 2012

Can't load Report Builder

I am having a problem where a standard user cannot load Report Builder. It works as an Administrator but not as a standard user.

When the user clicks on the Report builder button the message "Application download did not succeed, please contact your system administrator"

How do I provide the ability for a standard user to run this tool ?

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.!!

Thanks

Hi

Have a look at the following link.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159667.aspx

It talks about role assignments for report builder access

Hope this helps.

|||

I have given the user system adminstrator rights to report builder but it still won't load. I have found that it loads when i turn the proxy off. I have even made an exception for the SQL Server IP Address bt still nothing. I need to leave the proxy on - but still let the user access the Report Builder.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment