Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cant' log in anymore

Hi,
I pulled down all the files from my live
database which is running remotely.
When I did this, I overwrote my Web Page
connection string, which I used to log into a
local production instance of this database.
After a few weeks I got around to recreating
my connection string, but it won't work.
Neither does my partner's login info work and
we are both admins. I am the dbo. Now I am
wondering if coincidentally somehow my machine
was compromised. Is there someway I could be
kept out? I can still log onto the machine/server
which runs SQL Server for access to the drives.
I am running Windows/2000
and SQL 2000. My authentication
is set to Windows only. I run my network
as a workgroup and there is no "Active Directory".
Logging into the server to access the drives is
no problem. The login is of course the same, since
I am using Windows only authentication.
Is there anyplace I can look to see if there
is some way to get this working again?
It is not making sense to me that I can
log in to the HDs on the LAN but cannot
log into SQL databases via a webpage.
The folders are in folder needed a Windows
login, but the SQL server logs just keep showing
that access is denied because the login is not
a trusted login, which is not true, but I cannot
prove that to the server.
Could I have been compromised or does
this sound like some other confusion?
Thanks for anyone's feedback,
FoxIf the authentication is set to Windows Authentication and you're not in a
domain, then you're basically using Workgroup security to connect. The
same username and password must exists on both machines.
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment