Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Can't install Reporting Services on Vista x64

When I try to install Reporting Services on my Vista x64 machine, the following happens:
In the System Configuration Check, there is a "ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement" warning.
On the following section, Reporting Services is greyed out so cannot be installed.I have found many posts on this matter and all of them suggest going into "Turn Windows Features on / off" and enabling various IIS7 features. However, even though I have ticked every possible IIS7 feature the problem remained.

I have also installed SP2, but again this didn't help when I returned to the original installation.

Can anybody please help?

Could you try run the below script and install again.

For install 32 bit Reporting Services

cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1|||Worked a treat - thanks very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment