Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Can''t install Reporting Services on Vista x64

When I try to install Reporting Services on my Vista x64 machine, the following happens:
Firstly, the System Configuration Check shows a "ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement" warning. Clicking on the error message gives the extra details "Failed to find the ASP.Net Version Registration with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)."On the next section, Reporting Services is greyed out and so I can't attempt to install it.I have seen many other posts on this topic, and all seem to suggest that various IIS7 features need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" section. I have already tried this, and in fact now have every possible IIS7 feature turned on. No change though.

I have also installed SQL 2005 SP2. But again going back to the install disk to add Reporting Services led to the same story.

So I'm pretty much completely stuck. Can anyone help?

Hi Fagster,

It seems that these workarounds worked for other people. Could you try it, please, and let me know how is working?

For install 32 bit Reporting Services on Vista run this script before the Reporting Services installation:

cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

For install 64 bit Reporting Services on Vista run this script before the Reporting Services installation:

cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0

Mihaela

|||This did indeed work. I managed to post this twice so I may well be the "other people".

Thanks anyway.

RichardF
|||Worked for me to after spending a lot of time trying to get around this problem - Woo Hoo - Thanks|||

I get the error:

Input Error: Can not find script file "C:\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs"

When I run this script, anyone help?

|||

Turn UAC off: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/58b3b879-924d-4e08-9358-c316055d3eae1033.mspx

Follow this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/934164

I now have SSRS on Windows Vista Ultimate. Woohhoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment