Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can't install SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition Server Tools Beta 1

I'm working with VS.NET 2005 Beta2 and SQL Server 2005 April CTP. My
SQL Server 2005 installation was more or less full, that is, I
installed everything related to Client Connectivity. I was bound to
build a merge replication scenario when I've noticed I needed "SQL
Server 2005 Mobile Edition Server Tools Beta 1".
Download the installer and execute it, obtaining the following error:
"You must first install the Replication Components for SQL Server 2000
SP 3a or higher or the SQL Server 2005 Client Connectivity Components."
What is the problem here if I have installed all Client components?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Instead of downloading "SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition Server Tools
Beta 1" from Microsoft, which still warns me that I cannot replicate
with SQL Server 2005 because I don't have Client Connectivity
Components installed, I finally read this on MSDN2:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171908
The setup file is "sqlce30setupen.msi", located at "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE". This
setup process went ok and did not warn me about anything.
Hope it helps people having the same problem.
PS: How does MS redirect developers to download Server Tools Beta 1 in
order to setup replication and then setup fails or warns the user
wihout any logical reason. Incredible! Can anybody explain me this?

No comments:

Post a Comment