Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cant Install SQLServer 2005

I installed Visual Studio 2005 (released edition) that I downloaded from MSDN, and then went to install the released edition of SQL Server 2005. On the SQL Server 2005 setup "components to install" screen, all but the last choice ("Workstation components, Books Online, and development tools" are grayed out so I cannot install them.
The machine on which I was installing these had just been re-imaged and was clean.
How do I get around this so I can install SQL Server2005?
MarkHi Mark
I also have the same problem. This is the message I got: setup has detected a problem with microsoft.Net framework installation and cannot proceed. Microsoft framework 2.0 is either not installed on this system or is corrupt.
No idea what to do. I have uninstalled vs 2005 though and have vs 2003. That works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment