Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cant install SP4 on MSDE

I have installed MSDE 1A from the distribution. I have attempted to install
the SP4 MSDE distribution several times, using the SAME setup.ini as the one
I used to install the intance of MSDE in the first place.
I keep getting 'The instance name specified is invalid.'. I have tested
connecting to the instance from Enterprise Manager and from SQL Query
Analyzer without a problem.
Any idea what is going on?
hi Carlos,
Carlos De Matos wrote:
> I have installed MSDE 1A from the distribution. I have attempted to
> install the SP4 MSDE distribution several times, using the SAME
> setup.ini as the one I used to install the intance of MSDE in the
> first place.
> I keep getting 'The instance name specified is invalid.'. I have
> tested connecting to the instance from Enterprise Manager and from
> SQL Query Analyzer without a problem.
> Any idea what is going on?
try providing the parameters as command line params..
c:\..\>setup.exe /upgradesp SQLRUN INSTANCENAME=instanceName /L*v
"c:\msdeupg.txt"
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.15.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.60.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment