Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Can't install SQL 200 Enterprise Edition!!!!

Hi ,

I can't install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edtion on my computer.

The error message shows that 'Operating System doesn't not support for this version.....'

What's the cause of this error?

My computer is already connected to LAN.

Can anybody help?

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks.

Julia168

Julia168 wrote:

The error message shows that 'Operating System doesn't not support for this version.....'

What's the cause of this error?

The partial error message spells it out clearly - you're trying to install Enterprise Edition on a non-supported OS. See Books Online to find out which OS's support Enterprise Edition.

Can I guess you have XP?

|||

yes..I've Windows XP with Service Pack 2.

But I've installed Enterprise Edition with XP once before.

Thanks.

Julia

|||

Enterprise Edition is not supported on Windows XP. See Books Online topic "Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2000".

Maybe you installed the Enterprise Evaluation edition on Windows XP, which is supported.

|||

I see.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment